I'm making a gallery of images in a grid and I have a few concerns. The user is able to see metadata when hover over a picture and also select multiple images.
Hovering over an image
Selecting an image
For the most part this works. However there are a few things bugging me a bit:
- The checkmark appears where the
deleteicon was. Is this placement ok, or is it going to annoy a user?
- What would be the ideal way to hint a user that the image they hover over is selectable?
- What would the ideal placement of the checkmark be? I put it where it is for 3 main reasons; (1) it "blocks" the delete button that earlier was there, (2) on the left side it would be hiding the metadata when hovering, (3) it seems reasonable to keep it on the top to be more noticeable.
- The border colour looks greenish for certain images. Is there a safe colour in this case that is not perceived differently depending on the image? Currently I gave it the colour that is used in forms on other places of the website for consistency.
- The user can still hover over selected images to get the metadata. Is this a good idea?
Open to any other tips and comments.