I have an app with a lot of card UI elements, they work great to organise data in categories. However, I am running into issues when I have a lot of data that I want to arrange in multiple columns. I added a scroll bar to a card, but it doesn't really make sense as the card is supposed to mimic a physical card, the content of which obviously cannot scroll.

So I came up with the idea of adding a sort of "cutout" to the Card component, where the columns would be displayed inside a "window", similar to this picture:

enter image description here

That way, i can have a scroll bar inside the "window", and retain the illusion of a physical card.

So, is there a name for such a UI element? Bonus points if there's a framework that already has such a card implemented.

  • Hi Toivo. Is what you're describing like the small scrollable windows in CodePen (codepen.io/pen)? – Stacy H Mar 25 at 15:35
  • @Stacy Yes, something along those lines (functionally), but they don't really capture the "card" aesthetic that I am looking for. – Toivo Säwén Mar 25 at 16:03
  • 1
    I've only heard of this called an "iFrame". Maybe there is a more modern term. – Stacy H Mar 25 at 17:49

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.