At our company, we carry out 2-week sprints. The product roadmap is set for one quarter in advance. So, when a new feature is later identified as important, we wouldn't have time for it right away. We've got a great solution (hopefully) for this:
Have the feature's call to action button on our website. When users click on it, we pop up a modal saying:
firstname, the feature is under construction and will be coming out soon. In the meantime, you can mail us and we will carry out your request right away. Thank you!
We are expecting that this method would give us a pretty good insight and research on how many users actually want the feature. How many of 'em are potential adopters.
- Anyone having good ideas on this method, Please answer or comment.
- Will fake call to action buttons create bad impressions. 'coz the feature itself doesn't exist.
- Any previous experiences with similar stories are invited.
- Any better idea than this?
- Any better reasons or arguments than what I've got here for implementing the method?
- Any add ons or improvements to this method?
All are welcome. Thank you! :)