- I am trying to build a live cryptocurrency news feed and this is a new domain + I am new to UX
- I researched a bit and seem to find a few patterns on how these can be built.
- Which layout would serve the purpose optimally?
- I researched a few guys to see what layouts are there and this is what I found
- Has a 2 pane layout with list details view
- On the mobile, either the list or details are shown
- So many buttons on top? Are those buttons really needed?
- Monospaced font for news?
- Like Dislike ...buttons at the top seem to be sticky if you scroll the news on mobile? Is this required
- Same 2 pane layout
- Font seems far better
- Right pane seems smaller than left one? What do you think should be the size? Should the user be able to change it?
- Adds images to the news making things more interesting I guess
- Has a READ FULL button at the bottom to take you the news site whereas Cryptopanic has KEPT the title clickable? What to do here?
- Instead of a 2 pane layout, uses an expandable list
- No option to like dislike stuff, other 2 had them
- Very different from the rest, shows a screen on right pane
- Detail news opens in a chat popup sort of window
- Has a question at the bottom of each news article saying what do you think with again way too many buttons
So based on these, here are my questions
- 2 pane layout or expandable list
- How big should each pane be? 50 50%, 75 25% customizable?
- Should the links in the list on the left be clickable or should they merely show names? Cryptopanic has them clickable but rest merely show names
- Are all those buttons needed? can it be cut down to Likes Dislikes Bullish and Bearish? Instead of adding a button for FUD or Shilling would a person not click Dislike?
- Should the link the right detail be clickable (Cryptopanic) or should there be a button at the bottom saying Read Full (CoinSpectator)
- Should the left section show anything about likes dislikes or does it only have time, title, website name and tags?
- Should the tags on left be clickable?
Any suggestions are super appreciated