Is there any term for an interface in which an application runs another application? For example, one website rendering UI from other website within its frame.

  • Hi @Akanksha, thanks for your contribution to UXSE. It might seem a little bit pedantic to ask this, but are you differentiating between applications which needs permission from another application to run it, or just providing a window/frame within the application for another application to run but no actual controls or data is being exchanged? I can't quite tell if you are referring to one or the other in the example you provided. Thanks. – Michael Lai Oct 4 '19 at 3:29
  • Hi @MichaelLai Thanks for your response. I am referring to the later part. – Akanksha Vishwakarma Oct 4 '19 at 6:16

Technically, Emulators tend to answer your question. Also, iFrame, TeamViewer, Plugins all like answer the question too.


A multiple document interface (MDI) is probably what you are looking for. enter image description here

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.