Just as the title says, I'm not a fan of always displaying the logo at the title bar of a specific app. I sometimes come across a client whose concept screens are like that. What would be a good reason to tell them why it shouldn't be done? They usually want their branding to be emphasized all through out the app and I'm not confident as to what I can tell them to avoid it.
Reasons that I can think of are:
- It would consume screen space.
- Branding can be expressed in other ways like button color, etc.
- It would annoy the user ( as the trend is logo can only be seen at the start )
- It is a website thing.
Though with these reasons, I'm kinda anxious that the client would tell me:
- Color and layout is not enough
- I want my logo to be remembered
- The logo would be an indication that they are using the app.
Any insights would be nice regarding this problem, as I am not sure myself what would be the best solution for it. Thanks in advance!
I also noticed that it is a trend of consumer apps to only put the logo in the title bar when they are at the start of the app, anyone know what the reasoning behind this is?