I did read a lot about shopping cart page this week and everywhere people insist to say:
- Add continue buying button on your basket to reduce the abandonment.
- The button "continue shopping" is an absolutely required button.
- Bla Bla Bla...
BUT I always think before clicking on this button when I'm buying: Where this button will take me? I think that is always a surprise because is too generic. And I never click there, I prefer to navigate using the browser back button to back the product page or make a new search or use the menu.
Am I crazy?
- Back to the last product page button
- Go home and continue shopping
- A warning saying: Please, use the search bar or our amazing and very organized menu to continue buying
- None os this and just show related and frequently bought together products
What's the best alternative? Why?