I am designing edit profile screen for android mobile app have several fields (profile pic, full name, username, intro, career, interests and etc) to filled out by the user.
Possible user flows
- Profile -> Edit profile -> Edit intro (separate screen to edit a specific field)
- Profile -> Edit Profile (edit on the edit profile screen itself)
- Profile -> Edit Profile -> Dialog to edit a specific field
Pros and cons of the each approach as I see.
- Pro: No clutter with other due to other fields, Cons: 1 more click for user to edit a particular info.
- opposite of the first approach
- similar to first approach
For now I have total of 9 fields, it may increase in the future. So what is best approach to to give optimal UX for the user when editing profile? Any tips, more things to consider are welcome.
I was not able to find UI mocks on this topic, so UI mocks of edit profile screens are welcome.