What would you call the notifications from a website on your laptops/desktops/tablets? A. Web notifications B. Desktop notifications C. Browser notifications


1 Answer 1


I'm assuming this is a label you're going to add to the notification, something users are going to see.

Not B. If I'm getting a notification on my desktop the label doesn't need to tell me that it's a desktop notification. "Desktop" doesn't help me understand what the notification refers to.

A surprising number of users I've spoken to don't know what a browser is. So not C.

Therefore, use A.

If you're looking for a label used only in a technical document that users won't ever see, then B might be the way to go. That label tells the reader that these are notifications from the website that appear on the desktop, outside the normal context of this document.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge that you have read and understand our privacy policy and code of conduct.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.