We're working on this huge site that includes a podcast section. The podcasts are done by many different people (no repetitions), and there are like 70-80 podcasts so far, adding one per week.
Client wants to avoid scrolling, so we added pagination. But now they also requests that all podcasters are visible in some sort of "directory". Of course, 70-80 names and growing displayed at the same time would be a lot, so we need filters. But here is (are) the issue(s)...
- visitors may not know the podcaster name, so adding a filter by name option may mean nothing for visitors
- filtering by subject would require a dropdown. Since subject titles are long, it becomes really confusing, specially on mobile (we already tested it).
- search is more or less the same than 1.: visitors won't know what to search for. I even though of some predictive search but I think it will be just cosmetics for a flawed approach
- Client's option (a list) would be giant, as mentioned above
- Alphabetic filtering would be the same as 1. and 3.
Is there an option that could help me achieve the desired result?