What is your way to content map a website? My current redesign project has a span of 60+ governmentwebsites. I don't have the time to do a in depth research of each website/application, but I need a clear overview of all the content available.
The goal is as followed:
- Map most the content on the websites (content, level in the website, category);
- Sort all of the content, look for overlap (merge websites in the end);
- Use card sorting to establish a good flow;
- Reduce the ammount of portals, websites and applications.
What is your advice?
- Should I start with a mind map to structure it right away? This would take more time ofcourse.
- Just map everything in Excell? How?
Any experience on this topic is much appreciated.
I allready started with using Excell and ordening everything per level. This allows some overview. Content categories is the next step.