- I have a data table where I let people toggle columns (Show/Hide)
- A few columns also change based on the value of a dropdown the users select inside a modal that controls table settings
- How do I indicate to the user on screen that the column they just added appeared at position 20 or the column they modified is right there look Any suggestions are appreciated
Here's a few suggestions
- Have a collapsed/hidden view of the column (ex. slightly smaller and greyed out)
- Have a toggle to hide & unhide columns/elements that the user can easily see and click on
- Have a global alert message that notifies the users of any changes that might have occurred.
- Have contextual links in the alert message that by clicking on them the user will highlight and focus on the area that has been edited.
Do a little UI highlight animation on the column(s) updated. It could be a short pulsing effect for the highlight. Example... not exactly, but something like this: https://dribbble.com/shots/2201819-Pulsing-Pin-in-Framer