There must be a name that describes all the interactive UI components that register data in some manner but unfortunately I can't think of it!

Does anyone know the name that describes all buttons, fields, dropdowns, etc.?

closed as primarily opinion-based by jazZRo, locationunknown, Shreyas Tripathy, Ken Mohnkern, greenforest Oct 12 '18 at 19:29

Many good questions generate some degree of opinion based on expert experience, but answers to this question will tend to be almost entirely based on opinions, rather than facts, references, or specific expertise. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • “Controls” maybe? But unfortunately this question doesn’t follow the rules of this site. – jazZRo Oct 3 '18 at 21:54
  • 1
    Generally referred to as 'form elements.' – Maigen Thomas Oct 3 '18 at 21:57
  • @jazZRo oops! sorry, what's wrong with the question? – SeanJ Oct 3 '18 at 22:04
  • 2
    You have to be more specific about what 'interactive UI components' mean... because even a label that doesn't allow you to enter information can be interactive if there is a tooltip feature for it. – Michael Lai Oct 3 '18 at 22:13
  • @MichaelLai is right. But also there isn’t one true answer, everyone can have a different name for it and it would be correct. I also don’t find it related to UX enough. – jazZRo Oct 4 '18 at 6:48

Form components

These cover

  • button
  • input
  • text/label
  • textarea
  • radio
  • checkbox
  • slider/range
  • dropdown
  • accordion
  • progress bars

List is not exhaustive, but should give you an idea of what category Form elements comprises of.

Logic being they are mostly the elements which enable form interactions.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.