I have several topics in a questionnaire for user profiles that they should be able to answer without a lot of hassle. They all contain the same components, but I'm not sure whether I should split them into many questions with few (possibly binary) answers or few questions (ideally just one) with many answers. How do I best determine that prior to user tests?
- Have you tried X at least once? [Yes/No]
- If not: Do you want to try X in the future? [Yes/No]
- If yes:
- Have you done X regularly in the past? [Yes/No]
- Did you enjoy X? [Yes/No]
- How do you feel about X?
- I've never tried it and don't want to.
- I've never tried it but hope to do one day.
- I've tried it once and didn't like it.
- I've tried it once and liked it, would consider to do it again.
- I've done it regularly but quit.
- I'm doing it regularly.