- During a workshop I asked 4 SMEs to come up with 4 proto-personas.
- Each SME came up with a different breakdown of demographic, paint-points and needs (so there was a total of 16 personas).
- Each persona for each SME shared traits from all other personas, but there was no clear similarity between personas.
- We affinity diagramed all of their paint points and needs and ended up with 4 clusters.
Provided that we're going to verify our assumptions about the proto-personas are valid after we land on a solution:
- Would it make sense to make a persona based on each of these clusters, and make them poain-point/need dependent? (i.e. time-constrained Joe or budget-conscious Jake).
- What are the pros/cons of doing it like this?
- How could you alternatively build a 3-4 persona set from the 16 divergent personas brainstormed before?