I wish to display a bar chart showing weekly revenues per month. A week is defined from 12:00 AM Sunday to 11:59 PM Saturday. I want to display full week values (i.e. not just revenues for 7/1 for first week of July). When should the first week of a given month start and the last week end, according to practices that have gained widespread acceptance? Here are several options:
First week starts when any day of a given month falls in that week:
- July Week 1 from 6/25 to 7/1
- July Week 2 from 7/2 to 7/8
- July Week 3 from 7/9 to 7/15
- July Week 4 from 7/16 to 7/22
- July Week 5 from 7/23 to 7/29
- July 30th and 31st are part of August and not part of this month.
First week starts when all days of the given month fall in that week:
- July 1st is part of June and not part of this month.
- July Week 1 from 7/2 to 7/8
- July Week 2 from 7/9 to 7/15
- July Week 3 from 7/16 to 7/22
- July Week 4 from 7/23 to 7/29
- July Week 5 from 7/30 to 8/5