I need to allow users to manipulate playback speed for audio; to do so, they can use three buttons:
- - to slow down the playback speed by 10%;
- + to speed up the playback speed by 10%;
- = to set the playback speed to its normal 100%.
Tooltips are also used to convey users with meaning of each button. The users can also use keyboard shortcuts for the same effect:
- Ctrl + down;
- Ctrl + up;
- and Ctrl + =.
But now, as I'm preparing the app for prime time, I'm looking for a better signage. Here's what I came up with (and why I think it won't work):
- -10%, +10% and 100%: this might be confused with volume controls (of which there are none in this up);
- ←, → and —: this is not right; slowing down a track does not make go backwards;
- ▾, ▴ and —: the ▴ is too similar to the
load mediabutton (which the app doesn't have).
Is there any standard imagery associated with such a functionality and that we can use in this particular context?