I'm planing to contribute Web Components as open source. what is the interface term name for Step by Step Form.

enter image description here


It is called a wizard, or 'step through', or 'multi-step process'.

From the book designing interfaces (the book is a little dated, but has a decent collection of interface patterns).

The top portion which shows what step you're on is called a progress indicator, or progress tracker Here's another example:

enter image description here

  • Just added another variation on the name. – dennislees Jul 13 '17 at 17:11

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.