In the following link there is an element that has a facebook, twitter and youtube buttons, I would like to know how it's called and if there is a plugin that has it.

enter image description here


2 Answers 2


It doesn't have a dedicated name but people call it social sidebar / social bar / social media icons.

There are many pens available online which can be used directly with or without modifications:

Example 1

Example 2

Just take a look and google "social sidebar codepen" you will get many options.

I hope this'll help you :)

  • Your links 404 for me. Jun 30, 2017 at 22:21
  • @PixelSnader now they will work fine. Mistakenly added option text along with the copied link. Sorry :)
    – Sanshizm
    Jul 1, 2017 at 1:41

Those are Social Media Buttons or Social Sharing buttons. I would call the elements in this specific example "Expanding Social Sharing Buttons".

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.