I have to put in place a workshop dedicated to the UX of web forms and I need ideas/starting points because I have no previous experiences with workshops.
A good starting point is determine and outline the structure of your content. This will likely be based on fundamental principles and best practices, and these can easily be researched.
To answer the obvious follow up question "How to make this into a workshop?" is too broad to answer here because there are too many unknowns, but in general, you should aim to:
- present a concept/topic (e.g form labels)
- discuss why certain approaches work/don't work
- offer opportunity to critique examples (either informally, via group discussion or formally in timed individual/paired/group sessions)
- repeat for major content areas and topics
- finish by providing participants with requirements for a form, and challenging them to apply their new knowledge to design a usable form