I have been asked to add a new print feature to a website.
- The page allows users to search for information
- Information is displayed in a table
- Each table row can be expanded to provide additional details
- Users can print a list of results (even if rows are expanded the additional info will not print; only a list will print)
Table of results:
Additional details when row expanded:
A new printing feature is to be able to print only those results that are starred (including the additional details).
I'm working on how to implement that in the UI. It would work like this:
- User lands on page. Only one print button is shown (print list)
- User clicks star to favourite a result. Second print button shows (print details).
- If user unclicks all stars the 'print details' button will hide again
Example of second button:
Is this a good approach?
The development will take me some time, and I'd like to make sure this implementation isn't awful.
Any feedback sincerely appreciated!