Consider a software tool that performs the following functions:
- Collection of user-defined constraints
- Assessment of the constraints against a data set
- [Optional] Automated execution of code to ensure each datum complies with constraints - mutating the datum
- Presentation of the results of assessment
- Affordance to manually execute code to ensure compliance, mutating the data
There are lots of words that could be used - assessment, auditing, fix.
I wondered whether there was a generic name for such systems. I was interested in the UI patterns used in such applications.