In a line graph, there is a highest point and a lowest point.

But what are these called? max and min or highest and lowest?

enter image description here


Min (minimum) and max (maximum) are the correct terminology.

  • What about this then: Mean or Average? :) – efrethe May 9 '17 at 9:19

Usually they are referred to as peaks and troughs. Although some types of graphs have special wording since the troughs mean something. For example: in a parabola both the peaks and troughs are referred to as its vertex.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.