So I am working on a small LMS system and am I trying to find a way make it easier to navigate the system using breadcrumbs.
When the admin logs in, he starts on the Courses page which presents a listing of all the courses. For each course in the list, there is an Actions dropdown with options: Edit Course, Manage Tutorials, etc. There is no "main" or "parent" page for the course; you either edit the course or manage its different resources (tutorials, quizzes, files, etc). Below is the page:
Let's say the admin wants to edit tutorials in a course, they would click on Manage Tutorials for the particular course and go to the Tutorials page. Below is the page:
Notice how the breadcrumb looks like
Courses / Tutorials. Ultimately, I would like to do something like this
Courses / STAB27 / Tutorials in order to get rid of the heading e.g. "STAB27 - Statistics II".
This might sound silly/trivial but the problem is: should "STAB27" in the desired trail necessarily be a link? If so, where should it point to (as I do not have any parent page except for the Edit Course page)? What is the convention to deal with situations like this?
I follow this same pattern as I go deeper in levels. For example, one page has a trail as
Courses / Quizzes / Questions and would prefer to make it look like
Courses / STAB27 / Quizzes / Quiz 1 / Questions.
Edit as asked
When creating a new quiz for a course,
1) The admin clicks on Manage Quizzes option in the Actions dropdown (in the first image). This brings them to the Quizzes page that list all the quizzes.
2) The admin will click on a button, Add New Quiz, to bring them to a page to fill out and save.
3) Once saved, the admin will be brought back to the Quizzes page. The new quiz, Quiz 1, will appear in the list.
4) The admin will then click Manage Questions to bring them to the Questions page that list all the questions for the particular quiz.
5) The admin will click a button, Add New Question, to bring them to a page to fill out and save.
6) Once saved, the admin will be brought back to the Questions page. The new question will appear in the list.