I have a formular for customers who want to update their postal address.
Doing so, they might want to have an updated document (let's say an ID card) being sent per post.
I'm wondering what is the best way to show this.
The logic is:
- customer enters his/her new data (address...)
- we ask them if they want the new ID card sent
- if yes, it could be sent to their new address, or to a different address
At the moment, I'm struggling between making it as simple as possible (less clicks) and as logic as possible.
So I have the question with a select: Want a new ID card sent? with the following options:
- (please choose)
- yes at my new address (they gave it before)
- yes at a different address (some more fields show up)
I'm not sure that the select is the best option. Also, they don't have to get their new ID card sent, so does it even make sense for the customer to have to answer no... they could just ignore the field, unless we make the field compulsory.
We could also ask them before: yes or no? Then if yes, to whom. But that would be extra clicks.