Currently looking for an internship for summer 2015 in product management, UX or software engineering.
I'm an undergraduate studying in the US, majoring in computer science but with a strong interest in cognitive science. I want to learn more about human-computer interaction, UX design, visual design, and UX research, or related roles (basically anything where I get to design and/or study people).
I am a member of the Yale Social Robotics Lab and have previously been a research assistant at the Central Institute of Mental Health in Mannheim, Germany.
Things I think are cool academically
- physical embodiment as it relates to computing/robotics
- tactile/haptic/multisensory interfaces
- the effect of computing/robotic contexts on social behavior, social cognition and mental health
- investigating therapeutic uses of HCI/HRI in enhancing well-being and the treatment of disorders; also its uses in motivation and education and that sort of thing
- raising awareness of the impact of culture and context in behavior and cognition.
- basically, add 'and computers' to any item from the list below
Interests, more broadly
- art (drawing, painting, illustration)
- design (all kinds)
- music, including classical
- 'science' (ha)
- video games: I play LOTR Online the most regularly
- fantasy and a small amount of scifi
- gender and (a)sexuality
- egalitarianism (equal to or a superset of feminism)
- wellbeing/health/humanist spirituality
- martial arts (aikido)
- the webcomic 'The Order of the Stick'