New answers tagged


The buttons inside a group are called "toggle buttons". I don't think the list has a standard name, though. Perhaps call it "toggle button group"?


I like this approach. When you have less than 5 options for users to select from, radio buttons or checkboxes are a good idea. I think you can design this interface similar to the wireframe and the front end developer will know what to use.


As in user perspective, I would like to call it as a "label". The main functionality of the labels is to highlight something with a unique property in general. So calling it a label would be an apt one. In the programming world, one way of handling this functionality is using checkboxes with labels as buttons and making the checkboxes invisible. Demo: ...


You should focus first on the functional requirements, not the visual appearance as that's easily changed with CSS. There's two specific input elements that provide exactly the functionality you describe, radio and checkbox. Radios are for selecting one option from many in a list, while checkboxes are for selecting one or several options in a list. From the ...


Button Group would be the most commonly used term, in my experience, for what you are describing and illustrating.

Top 50 recent answers are included