Tag Info

New answers tagged


You said it yourself in your question- your users want to search by last name, not sort. So I completely agree with Bevan's second answer- provide a filter mechanism for the rows of the table. Some Javascript libraries offer this functionality for very little additional code on your part: http://www.jtable.org/Demo/Filtering


1. Less is more Trying to fit more stuff on a single page isn't the goal of providing a good UX. Figure out what the primary task at hand is and only show that. If additional details are needed in rare cases then hide those until the user requests them by clicking a show advanced options toggle button. "Perfection is achieved not when there is nothing ...

Top 50 recent answers are included