New answers tagged

1

Consider the following: Identify the columns that would likely to show first Add big arrow at the right page (center of the page not at the bottom corner) '>', when user clicks - show remained columns Freeze 1st or few left columns to get connect information with other columns when user click '>' Add link / button at the bottom of the cell text if you find ...


1

Not sure why you want users to explicitly 'save' if it's that critical. As dan1111 mentioned in previous answer, you may want to consider autosaving/revisit information flow for this task. That said, if you need explicit saving, option B is better than option A. Popping up two dialog boxes is confusing in most warning dialogue cases. It's advisable to ...


1

Correct your design rather than trying to solve this with an error message. Imported data most likely should be saved automatically, without requiring an additional user action. Even if you do need an explicit save action for some reason, you should save the program state so the data is not lost when they close the program--if they close without saving, ...


1

Assuming you will be chatting in a window that's over your main ui, 2 things you will need to give the user confidence Show security logos Showing a clear connection that the payment screen is coming as a result of the chat and is clearly a part of the website/app ui. Showing modal boxes or pop ups is a bad idea in my opinion. The better way would be to ...


3

The most important issue is how to give customer confidence that the payment information they provide is protected. From this perspective, chat window is the worst possible option. A person will never feel secure giving out their private data over a chat channel. Even if you say it's absolutely secure. You may add Checkout button to chat window. This button ...


3

SHARE and EXPORT cannot be used interchangeably,and if you do so you run a great risk of confusing your userbase. Share is used to SHARE information online with other people. For example: social networks,email,etc On the other hand EXPORT is used to save your work in a way/a format that a normal save cannot achieve For example: saving a photoshop work ...


1

Have an area of your UI used to select the "From", and once "From" is set, show the remaining options for "To". Though, you should also allow searching by destination language too for complex use cases*. An entry could be used to let users type a language name in order to filter the options faster. Yes, this is exactly how you book an airplane ticket. And ...


1

I suggest to limit the lists by detecting the languages. Check for special characters, they are the key. This will help to detect "from" or at least limit the options. Then use current browser locale to choose the default "to" language. I believe this should cover 80% of the use cases. The remaining 20% may choose their "from" and "to" languages from ...


2

Here your problem is what will happen when list increase. So short answer make it simple for the developer and for the user. Add 2 drop down (from, to) that will handle if lists go long and even as a developer it's easy to maintain in future. Current UI Users have to search for what they are looking for. If list goes long then it's difficult to ...


2

If the user is likely to use the same dictionary over and over, then put your selector in a prefs pane so they don't have to make that selection every time. They can then simply click or double-tap and see the translation immediately, in whichever dictionary they last chose. (Or in whichever dictionary you set as the default, before they pick one.) (One of ...


0

Option #1 would be your best choice. Disabling sub-categories in response to category selection would allow the user to quickly see how their category choice effects the available sub-categories. In the example below, if I am ultimately looking for results in sub-category "Five" (which is currently disabled / greyed out), the interface suggests that I ...



Top 50 recent answers are included