In the Gmail interface they are not consistent in which cursor they use on button/link hover.
They use the "hand" pointer for:
- Links in the sidebar(mail, contacts, inbox, starred etc..)
- The mails
- The consistent Google toolbar(top)
- Chat expand and dropdown "more" buttons
They use the regular cursor for:
- The mailtoolbar(Archive, spam, delete, +/- importance etc..)
- The search button
- The compose mail and new contact button
- The send invite button
What are the reasons behind these choices and inconsistency (most specifically the send invite button) in some cases?
I have not collected data on these inconsistencies across other google products.
Info: I am using the preview theme, but it seems to be the same across all themes