Take the 2-minute tour ×
User Experience Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for user experience researchers and experts. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Possible Duplicate:
The notification tray at the top of Stack Exchange sites: what is it called? And are there other good examples of this?

Many sites these days make heavy use of large, dynamic horizontal blocks to confirm an action (“You have successfully..” ) or make the user aware that he personally should do something given his profile or funnel. Users can usually remove the block from the page by clicking an X.

What would be a good, generic name for this kind of notification block?

share|improve this question

marked as duplicate by Jørn E. Angeltveit, Phil, Patrick McElhaney Jun 1 '11 at 10:50

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

Duplicate. Voted to close. –  Phil Jun 1 '11 at 10:27

1 Answer 1

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.