For an Android application, I have to display points on a map (with the Google Maps API). All the points are in one country (in France).
The question is:
Does it make sense to restrict the map to this specific area (i.e disable the navigation through the rest of the world)?
After discussing about that with some colleages, the following pros and cons were raised.
- Make the navigation easier thanks to a smaller area
- Avoid the possibility of being lost in the map
- Limit the data consumption
- Give to the users the feeling of being supervised
- Vary from the classic UX of this kind of application