User Experience Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for user experience researchers and experts. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I was just wondering if there are any organisations or groups which monitor or provide insight into User eXperience, such as the W3C for the World Wide Web, or the IEEE? Although they are not creators of laws, they can be looked at for direction and regulation.

share|improve this question
up vote 7 down vote accepted

The Usability Professionals Association -

Interaction Design Association:

Information Architecture Institute

You also need to check the websites with regard to your country/city - the UPA and IxDA have many local branches. Also, some other countries have local organization unrelated to these.

share|improve this answer

The Information Architecture Institute may fit this category. They provide insight and direction, no regulation and rules.

share|improve this answer

The Usability Professionals Association may be of interest:

share|improve this answer
Cool, I will check them out. Thanks guys. – Mooz Apr 10 '11 at 6:37

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.