I am working on a forum design project and I have a question for the input mechanism for that forum, while replying to a post user can
- Some font properties (can be ignored)
- Insert multiple Images
- Insert link (with preview)
Basically, this isn't a technical forum and user are not suppose to have advance knowledge of web. Also, most of the user will use this site from handheld devices.
So, what kind of editor should I use
- Multiple things (ex. Image post and link sharing) can not be done at once
- User can not share more than one URL
WYSIWYG editor without preview
- User has to be aware about the functionality of WYSIWYG editors.
- Difficult to write from mobile devices.
WYSIWYG editor with preview
Just like Stackoverflow or discourse.org
- Same as WYSIWYG without preview + more space requirement which could be troublesome with mobile devices
So which editor should I choose which could help me overcome all these cons or at least reduce them.
to summarize I am looking for a editor which can offer me many functionality & can be use by normal internet users (like my grandpa) on web or mobile devices.