I am working on a website that has paged search results. At the top of each page, I am showing where the user is in the set of pages, using the typical "Showing X - Y of Z results" language (with an edge case for a single page).
For the sake of this question, let's assume that my particular search has 16 results, and I am showing 5 per page.
Therefore the page headings will have
- Page 1 => Showing 1-5 of 16 results.
- Page 2 => Showing 6-10 of 16 results.
- Page 3 => Showing 11-15 of 16 results.
- Page 4 => Showing 16-16 of 16 results.
Snap. That last page heading is pretty bad.
I am contemplating using
- Showing last of 16 results.
- Showing 16 of 16 results.
but neither of these are sitting well.
Is there a common, well-worn wording for this situation? I have not come across one, and have been unable to contrive paged results on various sites to see what is in use.