What is the most user friendly way to block user input to form while form is submitting that can be reused i.e. so I don't have to implement it for each form?
For forms with only buttons (I have voting system similar to SE Vote up, Votes count, VoteDown):
- Should we just disable buttons/links and hope user knows what is happening?
- Should we put spinners or similar and block button somewhere near button?
- Replace button with spinner, the show button and remove spinner on unblock?
For normal forms:
- Should we overlay forms and put spinner in middle or some loading text (this can look ugly IMO, because forms can be different size of container)?
- Should we change mosue pointer to spinner?
- Disable all fields/buttons etc.?