Since the first time I've seen this
Pay with a Tweet conecept I have this question in my mind.
There are some examples like:
- Share this page to download/adquire your content/product
- Share your website / Like us on Facebook to unlock premium content
The thesis states that (and this Pay with a Tweet concept idea won a Cannes prize):
- Your content goes viral
- Your user will take the action of "paying" without a real monetary effort
My antithese is that:
- The user doesn't necessarily need to enjoy the content to share it, and maybe not even going to recomend it, I believe that in most cases he/she doesn't even know what is that they are sharing (sharing to find out), which means it may piss off not only the user after he/she finds out about the content, but also the friend that clicks in the link and the first action required to him/her is to share as well, which may lead him/her to thin "Oh, it was only shared because it was required, I'm not wasting my time'
- This could cause the user to give up on reading/adquiring/downloading your content/product because he/she doesn't want necessarily to share.
So, the question is: Is that a good practice and is that worth it?