I am designing an app where there is a list of users, the list covers the whole screen. For each item in the list there are 4 actions that can be performed. So what would be a good, standard way of designing the choice of action.
1) I can have 4 buttons in each item
- which will clutter the screen with 4 buttons repeated for each item,
- but might be convenient.
2) I can have a popup which can popup menu/buttons for each item
- better to have popup when you press anywhere on the item or
- popup when you click on an icon
- popup might be less convenient
3) I can even have a combination of the of the above 2 approaches
- this might not be a very consistent experience for the user.
I am trying to figure out if there is a standard or what approach is better. Or does anyone know apps that does this so that I can evaluate, I actually did not find an app yet.