User Experience Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for user experience researchers and experts. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Quick question - Does anyone know of a site where you can type in a url of someone else's site, and the site will show a grid overlay, or somehow show the grid system that that url uses? I could have sworn that there was something out there like that, but for the life of me I can't remember it. Google turns up nothing, but perhaps I'm just not finding the right phrase to ask. Orrrr...maybe I'm just crazy and the site doesn't exist.

share|improve this question

closed as too broad by msanford, Vitaly Mijiritsky, JonW Jul 27 '13 at 8:42

There are either too many possible answers, or good answers would be too long for this format. Please add details to narrow the answer set or to isolate an issue that can be answered in a few paragraphs.If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

This question asks for shopping recommendations and is off-topic for all StackExchange sites. – Deer Hunter Jul 27 '13 at 3:44
up vote -1 down vote accepted

I don't sorry. Most of the grid frameworks have a .showgrid class. I'm assuming that if you know the framework's name you can use the browser Dev Tools to show it.

share|improve this answer
This should have been a comment, not an answer. – Deer Hunter Jul 27 '13 at 3:45
Carefully reading Lara's question would have brought to your attention that she mostly needs a way to show the grid system name, which is what the html/css panel of the Dev Tools gives you. My post allows her to do so and also to learn a bit more about the tools she's going to need. – TotemFlare Jul 27 '13 at 4:35

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.