I have the following interface for image modification where there is a preview and the user can set options from a tabbed interface.
The problems with current interface are:
- There are different options for different parts if the image;
- There are some common options with the elements;
- There are around 350 options arranged in 7 different tabs and sub-menus;
- Only some of the options fit in submenu and others I have to show on maximize;
- It is very difficult for a novice user to find the options;
- Since options are grouped based on different parts of the image that options can be applied to, users sometimes don't know If they can change something;
- Too many steps needed to set an option.
What I want is:
- Options arranged so that users can find the options quickly;
- An interface that is more user-friendly and 'cool'.
What are the other ways I can arrange options and make them more usable?
I am allowed to rearrange the preview and options pane, change their sizes. I also have an unused space that is shown.
Can you give examples where such situations are handled well?