User Experience Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for user experience researchers and experts. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

What is the name of the function used on websites to make your second page appear to rise above the first and where may I find this particular plugin?

I understand that this is jquery functionality yet do not understand where to look or start coding.

You will find an example at the following:

share|improve this question

closed as off-topic by rk., Charles Wesley, greenforest, Matt Obee, Gala Jul 7 '13 at 10:24

  • This question does not appear to be about user experience within the scope defined in the help center.
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

parallax scrolling? – JonW Jul 2 '13 at 12:59
that would be it – Jon Hick Jul 2 '13 at 13:04
Already asked on SO. Refer for examples and how-to-implement details. – SNag Jul 2 '13 at 13:57
Already answered elsewhere and in the comment. – rk. Jul 2 '13 at 14:22
up vote 0 down vote accepted

It has to be parallax animation.

share|improve this answer

We're looking for long answers that provide some explanation and context. Don't just give a one-line answer; explain why your answer is right, ideally with citations. Answers that don't include explanations may be removed.

Now that you know, don't do it. Please? – Kip Jul 2 '13 at 22:40

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.