I'm thinking about implementing a different means of retrieving users' opinions about my company websites.
This is how I imagine this feature:
- On every page of the websites, a non intrusive
position: fixedbox asks visitors a single question about his user experience on the current page
- Each page has a different set of questions (since the goal of each page is different)
- Only one click is needed to answer a question (radio buttons with "yes", "no", "no opinion" options)
- Submission is AJAX driven in order to avoid interruption of visitors' tasks
- The above point must be understood by the visitor so that (s)he doesn't fear clicking the radio boxes
- Submission sends data into a database
- Some php filtering procedure will prevent submissions by robots or people trying to abuse the system
My question (as in the title) :
Is this "in-page survey" a good way of retrieving useful users opinions?
I want to make sure that :
- this way of doing things is really unobtrusive from the user's point of view
- the collected data will be useful enough to allow a better conversion rate