What would be the best wording for a generic error message?
generic error message I mean a message for an error that has occured but there are no details on what the error is or how to recover from it.
It will be used exclusively as a fallback solution when it is not possible to determine the error either because the server did not sent any additional details or there is a "probable" timeout... and other similar edge cases.
It should be aimed to minimize the amount of frustration/anger.
I've read a few threads but none of them seems to be 100% relevant
- Recommendations for good resources on writing good error messages
- Standardized (web) application error messages? [closed] This is actually a very close match but error reports are out of scope in my case
- What will be the Best notifications and error messages?
- Error Message Advice (for asynchronous/background tasks)
- Generic/vague error messages to pass to spammy users?