I'm trying to develop a payment process for my users. Here are the steps that are required:
- User views the page that outlines all the awesome features that you get if you pay for the premium service.
- The hit the 'upgrade' button on this page.
- They need to be either already logged in or prompted to create a new account.
- The first need to select an 'event' that they have created in their account or, if one doesn't exist, they need to create a new one.
- They then need to be directed to the payment form where they input their credit card details.
- After the payment is successful, we want them to have some instructions about what to do next, and where to go from here.
- We also want a prompt to invite their friends, as this is a social service (what are your thoughts on inviting friends as part of the payment process?)
- We then want to redirect them to the part of the website that they have paid for.
So far, I haven't been able to find of/think of a viable pattern to be able to do this. I've seen this pattern on bitbucket which I really like, which steps users through each step of the process:
Does anyone know what this is called or if there are anything anyone has already written that I can go off or should I be looking at some other way to guide users through this process?