This question already has an answer here:
For a payment related project I want to create a product page.
Example: Paymill.com uses a combination of tabs and scrollable content on their front page.
I feel some advantages of the tabs:
- users sees all categories at once and then can choose what info they want to see
- although, people do scroll below the "fold", they do not read, but skim and forget information
- scrolling psychologically feels like moving around and not being "on top" and "in control" of the information
- scrolling is an additional visual stimulus that needs cognitive processing (moving content)
On the other side, advantages of scrolling
- people are used to scrolling to find information
- therefore, users might even be more efficient in finding things -