Is there any way to collect users mouse activity in browser?
I need this information, so as I can suggest some topics which user might be interested in.
I am planning to gather some information over duration of time and then analyze the data and suggest some interests...
I am not sure how to approach this...
Things that I already thought about:
- collect mouse activity (like user highlights certain portion of text or searches for text on page).
- We can collect upto 1000 such actions on page and then send the summarized data(based on some browser side pre-prossesing like find out common repeated words in text) to the server.
- Reset the buffer and start collecting again.
- In server memory keep list of 25 most relevant topics for each user.
- Use something like Priority Queue data structure on server to maintain top list