The context is a booking/holiday planning platform. A user can select a number of days he wants to book a good (hotel, vacation package ...) and a price for each offer has to be shown.
Assuming that the service is consumed via a mobile platform, where the space is very limited, and just one between total price and average price per night can be shown, which of the following options improves conversion?
showing average price per night
- maybe the user prefers to assess the suitability of the offer by figuring out how much the price per night is. At least, I frequently do that
- there is a smaller number shown, that could probably help the user to make an impulsive decision and go to the next step
- sounds like a fishing price
showing the final price
- no surprises for the user when he will proceed to the next steps of the procedure
- huge prices are scary? It's a thought, I actually don't know how human mind works in this case
Of course this is just part of thoughts, it would be cool to hear other pros and cons and opinions from more expert people.
I even ask because out there the situation is not very clear. Booking.com, that is amongst the best booking services currently online, shows the total price. HRS, another pretty big name in the booking market, shows average per night/room. And they are not even mobile.