I'm developing a photo uploader iPhone app for an image hosting site. Each image has two details of metadata:
- Title/Filename (required, unique)
- Description (required)
- Categories (0 or more)
One of the requirements is having bulk upload. What would be a very easy way for a user, after choosing 9 files to upload, to edit the metadata? We're looking at doing something like this:
- User chooses 9 files to upload
- User is shown a list of photos with a thumbnail on the left
- User selects on of the photos and is taken to a new screen with the three aforementioned fields. Slightly bigger size of the image is shown, as well.
- User enters metadata and clicks done. Is taken back to the list of files. That photo entry is highlighted in the listing of photos to signal the metadata has been completely filled.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 until complete.
This seems a little tedious for the user. Going to each individual image and back. I'm open to any ideas to improve the user interface for this. We also considered an Accordion type UI but I don't think that would work well.
We anticipate the typical use case will be 1 photo (70%), 2-8 photos (25%), and > 8 photos (5%).
Target: iOS 5, 6