I'm building a mobile - optimized website for my iPhone app. The app is intended to help people with mood disorders, like depression and bipolar to track their moods, events in their life as well as sleep. Here's the website that I'm building : http://BetterMoodTracker.com/
I expect that this site is how search engine users would discover the app, and I hope to convert them to users.
In my previous testing with Google Analytics, I found that search engine users spend about 2.5 minutes on my site.
What information can I convey with my sales copy in just 2.5 minutes to maximize the conversion rate? I would love to see qualified users continue to download the app (it's free).
- Do I advertise that the app is FREE on top?
- Do I describe what the app does (ex: features)
- Do I foucs on how the app is different from the competition?
- Do I focus on why the user needs the app?
- Do I describe each feature with a stub, linking to a more detailed description?
- Do I show more pictures and infographics, as users don't read?
I'm not sure what to focus on with such a short time of average visit. I heard that long sales copy always outsells a short one, but am not sure of how to apply this maxim to this particular time contraint.
It would be great to see a few examples of mobile-optimized websites(they look good on a mobile device) with a sales copy organized in such a way that a short exposure (under 3 minutes) has been shown to drive conversions.
I greatly appreciate your feedback.