I am building a car pool mobile application. The scenario is simple.
- Person A has a car, and he is hoping to find people who travel in the same direction as he is on a certain journey.
- So he registers his vehicle, and his journey.
- With the journey he specifies the start time, end time, start location and end location.
- Along with these parameters he also providers time and distance radius, so that he can choose to pick someone (or drop) close by to where he is starting from.
- Or he can choose to provide that journey to anyone from the city. A bigger radius.
The same on the time. He may want to also look at providing the ride to anyone leaving within, lets say 30 mins, of his start time. This way he can get more people to get his ride on a search.
Special case is a cab may select 24 hours, and just a start location (his current location).
Now, when someone does a search and finds multiple rides, to choose between them, he will like to have some comparative details. For example, I wouldn't want to travel 1/2 way round town to start a ride with someone. I may want to look for someone closer to my start location.
So I need to show the following in my search results
- Space available in the vehicle (total and occupied space)
- What is the time difference between the ride and my preferred start (end) time
- What is the distance between my start location and the start location of the ride
I can sort/filter based on these parameters and help myself, to choose between rides.
- How do I go about designing such a icon ?
- I am thinking of a Milestone icon to show time,
- or use the 4 corners of a listview item
- What colors do I need to use for time and distance ?